Home Emergency Cover
Provided by Comparison Creator
Your info
Your results
Provided by
Page 1 of 2 Your info
Please take care to answer all questions honestly and to the best of your knowledge. If you don't, your policy might be cancelled or your claim rejected.
We've provided help text and guidance to help you enter the right information. We recommend you use it when getting a quote.
About your home
What type of cover are you looking for?
If you are a Home Owner, the cover must be for your main residence. If you are a Landlord, you must own the property and rent it out.
  • Home Owner
  • Landlord
What type of building do you want to cover?
  • House
  • Bungalow
  • Flat / Apartment
What's the postcode?
Please tell us your house number or name
Please note we can only quote for UK addresses. If you are having problems with your postcode not being recognised, please make sure that you have not used the letter 'O' as the number zero.
Address Line 1
Address Line 2
Address Line 3
About your cover

Your boiler and controls are included as standard in all our policies and you can add additional features to ensure your home is protected below.

Is your boiler in good working order?
You can only get a quote if your boiler is in a good working condition.
  • Yes
  • No
Do you have your CP12 Gas Safety Certificate?
It is a legal requirement for Landlords to have this. You may be asked details of its expiry with your chosen provider.
  • Yes
  • No
What make is your boiler?
Select the relevant option from the drop down list. If you do not know the make of your boiler or you can't find it in the list, select 'Unknown'.
What's the age of your boiler?
Has your boiler been serviced in the last 12 months?
In order for your boiler to be covered some providers may need evidence that it's been serviced in the last 12 months. This can be a service receipt or a similar document.
  • Yes
  • No
Do you want an annual service?
You can choose to have your boiler serviced as part of your policy cover, although this is optional most policies will insist your boiler is serviced annually.
  • Yes
  • No
Would you like to add central heating?
Covers a complete/partial or intermittent failure of your primary heating or hot water system which would leave you without heating or hot water.
  • Yes
  • No
Would you like to add plumbing and home electrics?
Plumbing covers your internal hot and cold water pipes, the flushing mechanism of toilets, cold water storage tank and leaks.
Home electrics covers failure of your electrics which would leave your home uninhabitable (e.g. failed wiring to your immersion heater or boilers, lighting failure etc).
  • Yes
  • No
When would you like your cover to start?
Did you know? We can get quotes for up to 30 days in advance, however please note that some providers only supply cover after 28 days of the date selected. Please check your chosen policy terms & conditions for more information.
How do you want to pay for your policy?
  • Annual
  • Monthly
What excess would you like to pay?
  • £0
  • Less than £50
  • Less than £100
  • Not sure / Show all
About you
What is your first name?
What is your surname?
Your date of birth
Telephone number
Types of home emergency policies

There are two main types of home emergency policy;

Home Emergency Insurance policies

Home Emergency insurance policies are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). That means that you'll be able to ask the Financial Ombudsman for help if you have a complaint about the provider.

You'll also benefit from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) protection if your insurer goes bust. That means you won't have to pay any extra cost if you're moved to a new policy with a different insurer, or you'll be refunded if your policy isn't replaced.

Service and repair plans

Service and repair plans aren't regulated, so you won't benefit from FSCS protection and you can't go to the Financial Ombudsman with a complaint about your provider. But you may have some recourse with Trading Standards.

Before committing to a policy, it is important to shop around, check the terms and know exactly what type of policy you're buying.

Terms and conditions

As set out in our privacy policy, Comparison Creator and our partners may exchange information through various databases or use data from loyalty schemes (including transactional information) to help check the information provided, to prevent fraud and to assess your premium.

Please read our terms & conditions and privacy policy before you proceed, as by clicking 'Accept and Get Quotes' you confirm you have read and accept them.

By clicking the button below you confirm that you have read and accept our privacy policy and Terms and conditions. You can read more about Comparison Creator's service here.

We're very sorry
We cannot currently provide you with a quote for home emergency cover if you're the property's landlord, or if you're a tenant. We hope to be able to offer options for tenants and landlords in the future.
We're very sorry
We can only offer quotes for home emergency cover on your main residence.
We're very sorry
We cannot currently provide you with a quote for home emergency cover if your boiler has not been serviced within the last 12 months and is more than 12 months old.
We're very sorry
We cannot currently provide you with a quote based on your answer to this question.
We're very sorry
We cannot currently provide you with a quote as your boiler needs to be in good working order.
About our Service
We ask you some questions and produce a list of quotations based on the answers you give and provide the information you need to help decide which is the right policy or product for you. This will enable you to make your own choice about how to proceed. We don't offer advice or recommendations.